Scooter in Moncton

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The next one was listed as a 2002 Yamaha BW's at $900, with no other details in the ad.

I called up and arranged to see the machine. When I arrived, I was a little disappointed when I saw it, since I knew by the size it was the older model without the under-seat storage compartment. Even so, I pressed on with the demo. When he pulled it out of his dark shed into the light, I was even more disappointed. It must have been dumped onto the road in an accident of some kind, for it was damaged. The guy who owned it did a lot of work restoring it, but factory parts were hardly the ilk used. He had used electrical tape to "fix up" the signal lights, used sheet metal screws to attach a cover of some sort to the right-hand side of the front shield behind the wheel, and he had painted some surfaces on the front. Oh yeah, there was a skull-and-crossbones sticker on the front fender.

He seemed intent on demonstrating it to me, even though I told him, trying to be polite, that it was obvious he had done a lot of work to get it running again, and that I was not sure if I could free up that much money for it. It seemed to run a whole lot more smoothly than the other one I looked at.

Even so, $900 was about $800 to much for it, in my opinion. I left, wondering if there was anything else out there that would fit my budget in the used market, and be worth buying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home